This training is designed to give you the relevant skills and knowledge to carry out audits of Quality Management Systems (QMS) against the ISO 9001.2008 requirements. The principles of ISO 9001:2008 set out an explicit management system to audit, examine and continually improve systems for a QMS.
Who should attend
This course is designed for company staff who have responsibility within a quality management system or will be involved in the auditing of such systems. This course will also benefit those persons who manage quality or purchasing within their organisations and wish to gain maximum benefit from the quality management system audit process. It is recommended that delegates have a working knowledge of the requirements of the applicable standard to which the course is being delivered.
Our ISO 9001 Lead auditor course is designed to train delegates in the principles and practices of undertaking quality management system audits. These are in line with the generic guidelines laid down in ISO 19011 and the requirements of the ISO 9001: 2008 standard. Participants will also learn the skills and techniques of auditing and how to communicate the findings of the audit effectively to the management of the audited organisation. On completion of the course, delegates should also understand the principles of accreditation and certification schemes.
Content of the Course
- Quality principles
- Key elements of quality systems
- The audit preparation
- Reporting and follow up
- Quality Management Systems development
- Requirements of ISO 9001: 2008
- Auditor skills and techniques for process auditing
On training completion you will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of a quality management system and explain the eight principles of quality management
- Explain the purpose, content and interrelationship of the ISO 9000 family of standards
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 9001 in the context of an audit
- Plan and conduct an audit and report on the audit in a manner that adds value to the organization
- Meet the training requirements for registration as a QMS Auditor or Lead Auditor with the IRCA